TPR – The Most Trusted Name in Searching
It was true during our first search in 1995, and it’s true today: We’re here to make a real impact for our clients – one that empowers them to make smarter, more insightful business decisions. To do that, we leverage the most experienced searchers, the deepest subject matter expertise, and the broadest knowledge of international information resources.
To accomplish this mission, we’ve worked to leverage our distinct and unique advantages, including our roots in the very origins of the patent and scientific information industry.
- US search firm with established track record spanning two decades
- Loyal client base with thousands of substantive searches completed
- Highly experienced searchers with 10-15+ years of professional searching
- Worldwide reach, with search options covering North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australasia
- Broad technology base and subject-matter expertise
- Consistent top-performer in RFP trials and benchmarking studies for search services and quality
- Strong roots of TPR founding members within the worldwide patent information community for more than 30 years
- Founders and sponsors of the annual International Patent Information ‘IPI Award’, established in 2000 to recognize pioneers in the field of information provision and searching
- Founding organizers of two annual international conferences, ‘IPI-ConfEx’ and ‘Pharma-Bio-Med’ – over 10 years of thought leadership in patent information and searching, attended by information professionals from the world’s leading R&D corporations
- Ongoing advisors to the Patent Attorney and Intellectual Property community in establishing formal patent searching standards and protocols
Our principal founders honed their skills in the patent and scientific information community. After gaining a wealth of knowledge they formed TPR International, a best-practices team of information scientists and search professionals in the US and across the globe. From the beginning, our search strategy has stressed the use of the latest tools, technologies, and techniques – a vision supported through the establishment by the TPR founders of two of the most authoritative industry conferences for the information profession, attended by top patent and information professional executives from the world’s foremost corporations.
Today – and thousands of successful search projects later – we’re known for our worldwide reach and exceptional search capabilities. It’s a direct result of our diversity and depth of service, combined with our passion to go that extra mile to find business-critical information and prior art.
We are a US search firm and our corporate office is located in San Diego, California. Searching can be performed in the US utilizing the resources of the USPTO, as well as using specialist worldwide patent and non-patent online databases. For searching at specialist libraries in local languages worldwide, as well as access to patent office resources in different countries, our people operate on the ground in areas such as the US, Canada, the UK, mainland Europe and Scandinavia, Japan, China, Korea, Russia, Israel and Central & South America.
TPR is not affiliated with any database producer or host. This independent status assures clients of an unbiased search approach based on the most appropriate sources, and provides highly effective results in a cost-efficient manner.
The TPR difference is the TPR people and the fact that we care about delivering meaningful results that get to the heart of the search question.