TPR follows the USPTO search requirements and template to cover pertinent classes and resources. The in-depth results of our accelerated examination search are presented in a Pre-Examination Search Document that clearly sets out the sources searched, the date the search was conducted, classifications covered, and the search logic used.
Our accelerated examination search service covers the USPTO’s key search guidelines, including:
- All features of the claim, with the broadest possible interpretation, covering individual features, as well as in combination
- US patents and applications by US class and sub-class, as well as text searching
- Non-US patents via classification and text searching according to Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) minimum documentation requirements
- Non-patent literature sources conducted via text searching of databases, trade publications, and search engines
- Use of special tools where appropriate, e.g., biotechnology sequence searching
- Preparation of the Pre-Examination Search Document
A full patentability search will generally encompass patents (both domestic and foreign) and non-patent literature. If desired, lower-cost options can also be provided for narrow coverage e.g. excluding non-patent literature or covering US patents and applications only.
Results, Pricing and Turnaround Time
Learn more about TPR’s general results format, pricing structure and average turnaround time ›
Areas of Technical Expertise
Learn more about TPR’s areas of expertise ›