An effective state-of-the-art search is designed to give a broad picture, identifying general and background art for a particular technology. A state-of-the-art search often covers materials such as disclosures made in patents, scientific literature and review articles.
Benefits of a State-of-the-Art Search
- Gain understanding about new areas your company hopes to pursue
- Help allocate precious resources before starting a new project
- Identify a new area of interest or unexplored opportunities
- Identify possible business partners or pin-point competitors
Resources, Coverage and Foreign Language Options
TPR will utilize the resources and approach most effective for the given technology and budget which can include:
- Online databases for patent and non-patent literature
- On-site searching at patent offices
- Classification-based searching
- Special coding/indexing when applicable (i.e. chemical structures, sequences, polymers, etc.)
TPR can search domestic and/or worldwide patent and non-patent literature to any extent, depending on your state-of-the-art objectives.
TPR’s on the ground coverage in key countries around the world means that your search can optionally be conducted in the local languages for the most thorough search results.