TPR. #1 Trusted Choice
for Design Searches
For decades, the most innovative corporations and top IP law firms have relied definitively on Design searches from TPR to navigate the designs minefield and strengthen their design patent portfolio.
- Design Patents and Registered Industrial Designs
- Trusted for Decades by Fortune 500 and Top IP Law Firms
- Subject Matter Experts covering Engineering, Life Sciences and Chemistry
- Databases covering Designs Nationally and Internationally
- Meticulous Review of Thousands of Design Drawings
Design 'Rocket Docket' Searches
Since the introduction of expedited examinations of designs at the USPTO, i.e. the “Rocket Docket”, corporations and top IP law firms have relied on TPR to conduct the specialized pre-examination searches needed for a successful expedited design application.
- Meets special requirements for ‘Rocket Docket’ fast-track examination
Ensuring Your Designs
are Truly Distinct
Proven, Reliable Design Searches
Design patents and registered industrial designs can represent a substantial amount of your company’s intellectual property portfolio. All the more reason, then, to manage and protect them like every valuable IP asset.
You can expect the highest quality design searches from TPR’s subject matter experts, including a thorough review of drawings in often crowded design spaces.
For those requesting expedited examination of a design application or 'Design Rocket Docket', a pre-examination search is a requirement. TPR is highly experienced in conducting specialized searches for expedited examination of a design application.
Resources, Coverage and Multi-Country Options
Our teams of search experts leverage a suite of information sources and best-in-class search techniques to find the design information critical to your design patenting strategies.
Design searching in general is highly visual, and keyword based searching of these types of documents is often unreliable. Therefore, we examine design classifications by hand in their entirety, viewing each patent in a specific class. We supplement this with forward and backward citation searching for even greater coverage.
TPR’s design search service covers all areas of design, including international designs, European community designs, and other key authorities as needed, like CA, JP, CN, etc.
Aligned with Your IP Objectives
For Design Searches in general:
- Uncover design patents your business could be in danger of infringing
- Avoid licensing fees
- Prepare for licensing opportunities or other IP strategy moves
- Clear designs before embarking on costly manufacturing
- Thorough searching that meets the USPTO’s requirements for a design pre-examination search, including capability for subsequent searching as needed to accommodate USPTO requests*
- Reduce design patent prosecution time by a year or more
- Get faster protection for new product designs that are entering the marketplace quickly
- Protect your product design from knockoffs and competitors
*Disclosure: Follow-up searching may require additional budget authorization
Deep Subject Matter Expertise
OUR ELITE TECHNOLOGY SEARCH TEAMS
With tens of thousands of searches under our belt, you can be assured of TPR’s technical search capabilities in both established and rapidly-developing technologies. We apply our exceptional searching proficiency and specialist subject knowledge to align with your search objectives and guarantee results that are the perfect fit.
“The results of my design search were excellent and were provided earlier than expected. I’m very happy with the results I get from TPR.”
In-house Counsel, Medical Devices Company
and case studies of success
The classification system seems a simple concept; organizing patents into specific technology groupings based on the subject matter to which they pertain. In theory, such a system would be extremely useful when it comes...All Blog Posts