Information sources are carefully selected according to your search question, objectives and budget. Extensive search options include coverage of patents, scientific and technical literature or business information from online and manually-searchable collections. Searching in key countries in native languages is a further option for uncovering critical references.
Worldwide Online Databases and On-Site Searching
Our searchers not only have access to hundreds of patent and non-patent databases worldwide, but they closely understand the strengths, weaknesses and nuances of searching them. Simply put, our deep-rooted expertise in navigating these databases means that our searchers know where and how to search for maximum impact and effective search results – that’s the TPR difference.
- Searching of patent office resources
- Online databases of worldwide patent and non-patent literature
- Keyword searching
- Classification-based searching
- Forward and backward citation searching
- Searching using special coding/indexing when applicable (e.g. biosequences, Markush and chemical structures, polymers)
- On-site searching in specific countries/languages at specialist libraries, universities, research institutions and other repositories
- Manual searching and ‘page-turning’ document review
Your search objective may require additional searching via alternative avenues. We offer options for searching obscure ‘grey’ literature not appearing in mainstream published sources. Contact us for more details.
For scientific, business and competitive intelligence searches, in addition to our experience in using the full range of available databases and tools, we have the skills to find critical data via other information resources, e.g. local language telephone research. Contact us for more details.
On-the-Ground Searching in Specific Countries
We offer a range of options for searching on-the-ground in specific countries around the world, such as:
Foreign Language Options
Our international reach means that non-English language source material can be covered whenever required. Searching in local languages such as:
|Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)